Remote WordPress / Front End Developer
We’re looking for professionals who take pride in developing usable, intuitive websites and that are fans of the WordPress platform.
You’ll be required to undertake a number of frontend tasks, most relating to the WordPress platform. In most cases you’ll be taking a completed design and creating solidly coded responsive WordPress themes using our in-house theme framework based on ZURB's Foundation for Sites. You’ll have to be great at frontend development, but also be able to handle basic PHP to activate and configure functionality.
You may also be asked to make improvements to the framework, as well as take part in conversations about what those improvements should be. You’ll be required to document your work with adequate GIT commit messages.
You’ll have the following skills, knowledge or experience:
- Strong knowledge of the WordPress platform
- ZURB Foundation for Sites, Sass
- PHP WordPress development - able to build themes from scratch
Goes without saying
- CSS Media Queries, responsive sites
- Progressive Enhancement, Graceful Degradation
- Familiarity with common hosting environments
- GIT versioning control, unix command line
- Debugging, solving problems, researching solutions
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage project from start to deployment
- Read and write in English at an intermediate or advanced level
- Attention to detail and a creative streak
None required other than evidence of past theme development.
Please detail experience or aptitude for remote working
Please mention preferences for salaried position or per-project workApply